WHAT IS GOCOEDIT?
GoCoEdit is a Code and Text Editor optimized for fast opening and editing local (on iOS device) and remote (on server) files with your iOS Device.
It supports extended syntax highlighting on many coding languages and has a theamable interface with many dark and light themes.
One app fits all. Buy once and use GoCoEdit on all your iOS devices. It's universal!
(iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch)
BY THE WAY! That's not all. Some features of GoCoEdit can be extended by yourself.
Scroll down and see all features like an integrated shell or the preview browser
Tabbed Code Editor
Edit multible files.
Connect your server by ssh.
Run shell scripts.
Extended File Browser
Browse local and remote files.
Rename / Add / Copy / Remove files.
- Sublime like Code-Editor!
- Universal App (use it on your iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch)
- iPhone X (s/R/s Max) support
- Full iPad pro support
- Compatible with Apple Watch
Start a ssh-shell from your wrist right now!
Run your self defined scripts with one tap.
- Extra keybar with swipe functions and trackball to precisely move the cursor
- Syntax highlighting
for many coding languages
- Create your own Syntax highlighting modes now you can write own modes and use it for your own file types
- Some comfort features: code hinting, auto indent, auto close brackets, code folding, line wrapping (optional), tag and bracket matching, autoformat code (for many language), find by regular expressions, replace, replace all
- CMD-mode (keep your hands on the vKeyboard, run commands like copy, cut, paste and many more by pressing cmd+c,cmd+x,cmd+v,...)
- NEW! Multi-caret Editing Create multiple cursors and edit it together
- NEW! Siri Shortcuts create newfile / start shell / connect to shell / preview /more soon...
- Different light and dark themes (include solarized, monokai and many more)
- Custom-Themes create your own editor themes
- Sublime like Snippet-System with placeholder support easy create and use text fragments again and again.
- Import / export or open files from icloud drive and other file providers
- Open entire folders or repositories from the Git client Working Copy or the Files App using the iOS document picker
- Markdown Preview & HTML Export
(in iPad version resizeable for preview iPad or iPhone layout)
- Connect to your servers via
GOOGLE DRIVE or
NEW! OneDrive for Office 365 and Business supported
- NEW! File has changed detection
(GCE is now able to detect external file changes on local and remote files)
Drag & Drop Support
- Support for Drag & Drop files from the Files App
- Support for Drag & Drop files / repos and folders from Working Copy App
- Support for Dragging local files from GoCoEdit to other Apps
- Very fast reconnect and recover of open files after restart
- Upload and Download files/folders or edit files directly on your server/dropbox/drive without download
- Integrated Shell (ssh shell) to perform background tasks like a Grunt, Gulp, npm or another shell job ( type direct or define scripts and run it with a single tap )
- Supporting iOS10, iOS11 features like textselection by cursor, Splitview, Slide-Over and Drag & Drop
- 3D Touch support
- Show/move cursor by 3D touch the keyboard
- Quick Actions (new file, start shell, connect shell to last server, show preview of last file)
External/Bluetooth keyboard support
(all iOS shot-cut keys are supported + lots of shortcuts available)
- In "Remote Ftp Mode"*, GoCoEdit only requires port 80 (works on port-restricted lans)
* (optional) self-hosted "Connector" - available on Github: github.com/gogolith/gocoeditserver
- and still on development..